Surat, Bhopal and Ahmedabad has been selected for India Smart Cities Award 2018 in City Award and Innovative Idea Award category.
Surat has been selected for City Award whereas Bhopal and Ahmedabad selected for Innovative Idea Award for their Transformative Approach Towards Sustainable Integrated Development.
The city award is being given to Surat for showing great momentum in implementation of projects especially in the categories of urban environment, transport and mobility and sustainable integrated development.
The Innovative Idea award is being given to a project/idea particularly remarkable for its innovative, bottom-up and transformative approach towards achievement of sustainable integrated development. Joint winners in this category are Bhopal for their Integrated Command and Control Centre (ICCC) and Ahmedabad for Safe and Secure Ahmedabad (SASA) Project.
The project awards are being given to most innovative and successful projects in various categories that have been completed by April 1, 2018. The projects selected are:
- PMC Care from Pune under ‘Governance’ category
- Smart Place Making from Pune under ‘Built Environment’ category
- Smart Class rooms from NDMC and Jabalpur
- Smart Campus from Visakhapatnam
- Lighthouse from Pune under ‘Social Aspects’ category
- Nest Incubation Centre from Bhopal and Conservation of Rajasthan School of Arts from Jaipur under ‘Culture and Economy’ category
- Public Bike Sharing from Bhopal, Pune, Coimbatore and Waste to Energy Plant in Jabalpur under ‘Urban environment’ category
- Integrated Transit Management System (TMS) from Ahmedabad and Surat under ‘Transport and Mobility’ category
- Smart Water Management through SCADA from Ahmedabad under ‘Water and Sanitation’ category
India Smart Cities Award were launched on 25 June 2017 with an objective to reward cities, projects and innovative ideas, promoting sustainable development in cities.