SoftBank investment is paying off and its stake will be worth about $4 billion if Flipkart – Walmart deal is announced.
SoftBank through its Vision Fund, invested $2.5 billion in Flipkart and that stake will be worth about $4 billion in the deal said Masayoshi Son, chief executive officer, SoftBank Group in a briefing on Wednesday.
As per media reports, the deal values Flipkart at about $20 – 21 billion.
As of the fiscal year-end, the total acquisition cost and fair value of investments of SoftBank Vision Fund and Delta Fund was $29.7 billion and $33 billion respectively.
The following are the investees of the respective funds, as of the fiscal year ended March 31, 2018 for SoftBank Vision Fund and Delta Fund:.
SoftBank Vision Fund Investment:
- Arm – Semiconductor technology designer
- Auto1 Group – Used car wholesaler in Europe
- Brain – AI-based autonomous driving system developer
- Fanatics Holdings – Online retailer of licensed sports merchandise
- Flipkart – e-commerce
- Guardian Health – Cancer diagnosis through genomic analysis
- HealthKonnect Medical and Health Technology Management Company – Managed Care Platform
- Improbable Worlds – VR/AR development tools
- Katerra – End-to-end design & architecture technology platform
- MapBox – Geographical Information Portal
- Nauto – AI-based safe-driving support services
- NVIDIA – GPU developer
- One97 Communications (PayTM) – Online payment services
- Oravel Stays (OYO Rooms) – Hotel booking site
- OSIsoft – Industrial IoT solutions
- Ping An Healthcare Company – Online healthcare portal
- Plenty United – Indoor farm plant
- Roivant Sciences – Biopharmaceutical drug developer
- Slack Technologies – Business chat tool
- Urban Compass – Real estate big data platform
- Vir Biotechnology – Pharmaceutical drug development for infectious diseases using AI
- Wag Labs – On-demand dog walking & dog care app
- WeWork Companies – Co-working space services
- Zhongan Online P&C Insurance – Online insurance
Delta Fund Investment:
Xiaoju Kuaizhi (DiDi) – Ridesharing services
SoftBank Vision Fund made some investments through investment holding entities that are subsidiaries, but not wholly owned subsidiaries of SoftBank Vision Fund. Regardless of the ownership percentage of SoftBank Vision Fund, all investments made through the investment holding entities are calculated as investments made by SoftBank Vision Fund. Of the fair values of investments by SoftBank Vision Fund and Delta Fund at the fiscal year-end, the values attributable to shareholders other than SoftBank Vision Fund was $1.2 billion.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.