Ruckus Development Centre to add 250 employees

Ruckus Bangalore Development Centre will add 250 employees in the next 2-3 years and will focus on core product development – Wired, wireless, global support and analytics & controller development.

Presently, there are 500 employees at Bangalore Development Centre and it is planned to reach 750 employees in the next 2-3 years says Pramod Badjate, SVP – Global Engineering, Ruckus Networks.

The centre’s 35 per cent manpower will focus on global support whereas 65 per cent will focus on engineering and of this 60 per cent will be on wireless and remaining 40 per cent on wireline added Badjate.

Each centre has a primary area of ownership and Bangalore centre will focus on wireless access point & firmware, switching, WLAN Controller, location, analytics, IoT, solution testing and software commented Pramod Badjate.

Ruckus Global Development Centre And Its Core Focus

  • Sunnyvale – Core Product Development
  • Taipei – WLAN Controller (SmartZone Controller)
  • Shenzhen – Legacy Controller (Zone Director Controller)
  • Singapore – Machine Learning (ML) and Artificial Intelligence (AI)
  • Tel Aviv – Cloud Product
  • Bangalore – Core Product Development

Source: DigiAnalysys

In India, the company has spread its reach to 800 partners and is focusing on verticals like hospitality, education, IT/ITES and E-Commerce. The company is also actively focusing on smart cities and IoT (Internet of Things) says Sudarshan Boosupalli, Country Head – India and SAARC, Ruckus Networks.

In smart cities, the company has bagged Gandhinagar WiFi module and the company has also bagged second phase of 1,000 access points whereas IoT is early and nascent area and trials are going on in the hospitality sector added Boosupalli.

For smart cities, the company is deploying embedded system E510 which can be embedded with light pole. For rural WiFi, the company is looking to deploy M510 product with Virtual SmartZone Controller. M510 can also be deployed in buses and trains.

The company has already implemented VoWiFi as it provides better voice quality over WiFi and it also provides better visibility to carriers and operators.

Globally, Ruckus, an Arris company is trialling small cells in US and the company is planning to target commercial access points in unlicensed band i.e. 3.5 GHz by September 2018 says Pramod Badjate.

 

Share and Enjoy !

0Shares
0 0

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply