Reliance Jio is the world’s largest and fastest growing mobile data network in the world. In terms of subscriber, the company has added more subscriber than all other operator subscribers in the past one year. Presently, the subscriber base has reached 186.6 million as on 31st march 2018 from 109 million on 31st March 2017 thereby adding 78 million in last 12 months i.e. 6.5 million every month.
In FY2017-18, Reliance Jio had operating revenue of Rs. 20,154 crore and net profit of Rs. 723 crore.
“The strong financial results of Jio in a competitive market environment demonstrates the robustness of the Jio business model and ability to offer the most value to our customers and partners. Jio has demonstrated that it can be scale and sustain its strong financial performance,” said Mukesh D. Ambani, CMD, Reliance Industries.
Reliance Jio Statistics Q4, 2018:
- 716 minutes voice per month per subscriber
- 240 crore hours of video per month; 13.8 hours of video consumption per person per month
- 186.6 million wireless data subscriber base
- 9.7 GB data usage per user per month
- 506 crore GB data consumption
- 37,218 crore minutes of VoLTE traffic during the quarter; 414 crore minutes per day
Reliance consumer business such as Jio and Reliance Retail are showing hyper growth and we will see that it is demonstrated in the next 2-3 years says Alok Agarwal, CFO, Reliance Industries.
Reliance Jio 4G coverage is at par with 2G coverage in the country. It is the only network in the country to deploy pan-India 4G across the 800 MHz/1,800 MHz/2300 MHz bands. The company is planning to expand 4G network coverage and further deepening in existing areas to achieve 99 per cent population coverage during 2018.
The company created the largest pan-India distribution network with over 1 million retailers and is continuously enabling the distribution channel through latest platforms and services.
Integrated Digital Services Company:
Building Customer Connect:
- Bouquet of media/OTT content for customers
- Exclusive partnerships to enhance the platform
- Opportunity to build Jio advertisement platform
Untapped Market Opportunity:
- Enterprise connectivity and suite of new offerings
- Affordable services for SME segment
Large Addressable Market:
- 530 million feature phones in India
- Affordable tariff plans for new data users
Priming Market for Growth:
- Minimal wireline broadband penetration provides huge opportunity
- Fibre backbone in place
Jio’s customer friendly tariff JioPrime offer is enabling its customers to have unrestricted access of Jio Digital Life. All the digital applications are leaders in their respective categories for e.g. JioTV is the best rated live and catch-up TV app, Jio Cinema is the most popular video-on-demand app, combination of Jio Music and Saavn has created a music powerhouse and JioMags & Jio News are other popular customer offerings.
The company is opening up the market to see how 530 million feature phone users in India can subscribe to its services through RelianceJio Phone and other devices and through affordable tariff plans for new data users.
In future, the company is looking at services like enterprise solutions, FTTH (Fiber To The Home) and IoT (Internet of Things) with beta trials initiated in a few locations using the same integrated networks and platforms.