MediaTek and Reliance Jio is working on MT6739 and Android Go platform to come out with low priced 4G smartphone in 2018.
Speaking to DigiAnalysys, T. L. Lee, General Manager, Wireless Communication, MediaTek said, “Jio is also working with MediaTek 6739 and Google Android Go platform to come out with low priced 4G smartphone.”
Combined within the MT6739 is a highly efficient 64-bit quad core, ARM Cortex-A53 CPU that operates up to a fast 1.5 GHz. Its IMG GE8100 GPU operates up to 570 MHz and supports the latest 18:9 display type with HD+ (1440 x 720) resolution. This allows smartphone designers to create attractive and premium-looking smartphone styles with high screen: body ratios for value-orientated markets.
Presently, 4-5 brands including Indian brands are working on low priced 4G smartphones along with MediaTek and by Q1 2018, the low priced 4G smartphones will be launched in the Indian market by lot of brands added Lee.
According to MediaTek, the Indian mobile phone market is forecast to reach 154 million smartphone and 137 million feature phone in 2018. MediaTek through MT6739 platform is looking at converting 137 million feature phone market to a smartphone market added Kuldeep Malik, Country Head – Corporate Sales, MediaTek India.
“MediaTek is already powering new premium devices in India – smartphones that have high end features and experiences as well as the power and performance users demand, yet affordable to everyone. We will continue to innovate on the smartphone side this year in India to deliver devices that have become the primary access point for a connected lifestyle,” commented Lee.
MediaTek’s offerings to India market:
- Collaboration with the India government on a smartphone design training program to bring smartphone expertise in-country
- GMS Express and GMS Express Plus – to help device makers bring Android powered phone to market faster and ensure users have a quality Android experience across devices
- MediaTek Sensio, a six-in-one biosensor module that can easily be incorporated into smartphone designs and give users access anywhere to monitor their health and fitness
- Several new chipset designs including MT 6739 and Helio P23 that bring the new premium to life in smartphone, offering full-featured technologies like Dual SIM and Dual VoLTE, Dual Camera and other photo and video enhancements, extended battery life, higher performance and improved connectivity
- The Indian OEMs are now ready to launch devices powered by MT6739 in a market where – so say surveys — two out of three Indian feature phone users plan to upgrade their phones this year.
MediaTek Sensio MT6381, the first 6-in-1 smartphone biosensor module, is set to disrupt the Indian healthcare industry on the cusp of a digital transformation. The embedded module allow quick check-and-monitoring of physical wellness on the daily-habit device, the smartphone.
The Sensio MT6381 is a comprehensive software and module solution designed specifically to deliver valuable health data, consisting of optical, electrical and processing components. The customizable, compact solution means device manufacturers have the flexibility to embed the MediaTek Sensio module directly into all types of smartphones.