Commerce and Industry Minister Nirmala Sitharaman has constituted a Task Force on Artificial Intelligence (AI) for India’s Economic Transformation.
The task force is headed by Dr. V. Kamakoti of IIT Madras and Ravinder, Joint Secretary, DIPP, Ministry of Commerce & Industry will one the convenor.
Sitharaman said the panel will comprise of experts, academics, researchers and industry leaders and will explore possibilities to leverage Artificial Intelligence for development across various fields. The task force will submit concrete and implementable recommendations for government, industry and research institutions.
The task force will have the following members:
- Dr. V. Kamakoti, IIT Madras – Chairperson
- Anuj Kapuria, High Tech RoboticSystemz
- Dr. Anurag Agarwal, Institute of Genomics & Integrative Biology, CSIR
- Dr. Ashish Dutta, IIT Kanpur
- Ashwini Asokan, Mad Street Den, Chennai
- Gautam Shroff, Vice President & Chief Scientist, TCS Innovation Labs, Tata Consultancy Services
- H. Rao, HCL Technologies
- Madhusudan, IIT Madras
- V. N. Apparao, Ex-Chief Technology Officer (CTO), Cognizant
- Komal Sharma Talwar, Founder, XLPAT
- Kunal Nandwani, Founder & CEO, uTrade Solutions
- Shantanu Chaudhary, IIT Delhi, Department of Electrical Engineering
- Vijay Kumar Sankarapu, Founder & CEO, Arya.in
- Ajay Kumar, Additional Secretary, Ministry of Electronics & IT
- Amandeep Gill, Ambassador/PR to CD, Geneva
- Nagaraj Naidu, Joint Secretary (ITPO), Department of Economic Affairs, Ministry of Finance
- Dr. Aloke Mukherjee, DRDO
- Ravinder, Joint Secretary, DIPP, Ministry of Commerce & Industry – Convenor
In addition to regular members, official participation from organisations like NITI Aayog, Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology, Department of Science & Technology, UIDAI and DRDO will be requested.