In this technological era, Artificial Intelligence is assumed to be one of the most disrupting technologies for humankind considering rapid advances in computing power, algorithms, sensor technology, Big Data & IoT. The approach to implementation of AI has to be guided by optimization of social good, rather than maximization of topline.
NITI Aayog has pitched India as an “AI Garage” and identified five focus areas that include healthcare, agriculture, education, infrastructure and transportation for the benefit of the common citizen. With the Government of India’s focus on inclusive growth, favorable policies, PPP Models, India is indeed suited to lead the #AIforAll movement with a noble and social focus addressing challenges to realize the foundational components that could make “AI inclusive for all”.
With the above background, CII is launching a new initiative – Artificial Intelligence India (AI India) with support from Ministry of Electronics & IT, Department of Telecommunications and Department of Science & Technology, Government of India, emphasizing on the practical implications of AI and exploring emerging solutions that transform businesses and society at large.
Coinciding with the AI India Show, CII is also organizing a conference on “#AIforALL: Innovation for Inclusion”” on 5 February 2019 at Pragati Maidan, New Delhi. DigiAnalysys is one of the media partners at the event.
The conference will cover some key point focusing on – disruptiveness of AI, growth drivers, applications, scenario in India, Legality, Ethics, Governance and what makes India a Global AI Power.
Some of the key topics of the conference are:
- AI is Disruptive and Game Changing
- AI for All
- Globally AI applications are rapidly transforming/ reshaping industries
- Adoption Vision & Countering the Myths around AI
Key dignitaries & speakers expected at the conference include:
- Shri Manoj Sinha, Minister of State for Communication (I/C) & Railways, Government of India*
- Shri S.S. Ahluwalia, Minister of Electronic and IT, Government of India*
- Harsh Vardhan, Hon’ble Union Minister of Science and Technology and Earth Sciences, Government of India*
- Aruna Sundararajan, Chairperson DCC & Secretary(T), Department of Telecommunications, Government of India
- Ajai Kumar Garg, Director, Ministry of Electronic and Information Technology, Government of India
- Shri Gopal Krishnan S., Joint Secretary, Ministry of Electronic and Information Technology, Government of India
- Rajan Navani, Chairman, CII National Committee on AI & Managing Director, Jetline Group India
- Anant Maheshwari, Chairman, CII National Committee on IT and ITeS & President, Microsoft India Pvt. Ltd
- Nipun Mehrotra, Chief Digital Officer & VP – Digital Business Group, IBM India/ South Asia
- Jagdish Mitra, Chief Strategy & Marketing Officer, Tech Mahindra
- Shipha Rao, Head- Retail Strategic Initiatives, Tata Consultancy Services
- Probin Roy, Co-founder, Paymate
Please use the following link to register and secure a complimentary seat at the conference- http://www.cii.in/OnlineRegistration.aspx?Event_ID=E000043597